Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Something about time

The more we grow old, the more we feel time passes fast... I just figured out why I had this feeling, not that it bothered me or that I ever seriously considered doing a Phd on it but may be I just had a moment of clarity.
Time is no different for me or for you, no matter how old you are, 10 or 50, a day is still a day, a year is still a year.
It's all about the conception we have concerning Time, you cannot explain what Time is (make no mistake between Tempus and Chronos), so you rely on your experience, you rely on how long you lived until now... I'm 30 (ok, I'll be 32 next month but whatever...) so one year represent 1/30th of my life. When I was 10, one year was 1/10th of my life... yeah, you get the point : 1/30 way smaller than 1/10, hence the feeling time passes faster and faster every year. Much ado for nothing. hehehe ...